We believe our actions today will shape the world in which we live, and we will therefore create a culture which collectively works to continually improve the environmental impacts and deliver environmental enhancements where possible.
To ensure our commitment to environmental and sustainability we will:
- Prevent harm to human beings and to nature. We will implement the environmental management system ISO 14001 as our framework to achieve this goal.
- Avoid environmentally-unfriendly substances, any substances we use that damage the environment are to be replaced by more environmentally-friendly alternatives wherever possible.
- Include our suppliers in the processes that relate to the environment and to safety.
- Keep waste to a minimum, unavoidable waste must be separated as effectively as possible and then either reused, recycled or properly disposed of via approved companies only.
- Suppress noise and light where practical, to ensure that no nuisance is caused to neighbouring facilities or the general public.
- Seek to use Energy more effectively in the future. As our business involves production, we are dependent on using energy, so we are committed to introducing the internationally standardised management system in accordance with ISO 50001. In doing so, we aim to increase the energy efficiency of the company.
To achieve this, we expect that each one of us will:
- Take accountability to ensure our actions do not adversely impact the environment,
- Ensure we develop Environmental practices into our business processes, and
- Speak up if concerned about an activity or decision.